Preheat oven to 450F (and later 375F)
Bakes in 15 min (and later in another 15min)
Tastes Great With: Heart of Chambers by Beach House from their album Devotion; Diablo Rojo by Rodrigo Y Gabriela from their self titled album; & Easier by Grizzly Bear from their album Yellow House.
* 4 large portabella mushroom caps
* 4 potatoes
*2 cups cheese, grated
* 2 tbps sour cream
* 1 tsp garlic
* ½ tsp pepper
* ½ tsp salt
* 1 tbsp butter
* ½ cup milk
- Cut stems from shrooms, place them on a greased baking sheet stem side down after lightly buttering tops. Shove those puppies into the oven at 450F for 10 minutes, turn them and then throw ‘em back in for another 5 minutes. Immediately change oven temp to 375F once you’ve pulled your shrooms.
- While shrooms bake, poke holes in your potatoes and microwave them until they are cooked. I know, I know, that’s the lazy way, but trust me, it tastes just fine.
- Cut skins away from potatoes and put them in a bowl with butter, milk, sour cream, garlic, pepper and cheese. Mash with joy and zeal!
- Put potato mixture inside shroom caps and place them on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10 – 15 minutes. Increase baking time if needed.
NOTE: For extra flavor you can marinate the mushrooms, but don’t let it marinate for too long or they’ll end up weird and slimy.